The agriculture sector is very important for the whole country’s economy and also the sustenance of everyone. Farming supports not only the agricultural sector but also the industrial sector. Apart from these there are many things that make farming the most important activity. If farming Is not done properly, many of the industries can get closed. All the major food materials come from farming which in turn helps in the sustenance of both humans and animals.
Reach Of The Farming Sector
Farming sector is something which has its reach beyond your imagination. Almost everything in some or the other way is supported by farming. Farming supports the economy and also at the same time fulfills the basic needs of food and shelter for the sustainance of people. Farming is something which is very important and whose importance should be respected the most
The farmers in a way are devoting their life for the nation and also everyone living in their world. Farming sector involves its importance in almost all the industries by supplying the the raw materials which is the basic need of the industries to survive in the market. Farming has its reach also in the revenue generation and the import and export business. There are agricultural products which are produced only in a specific country but is needed by everyone. In such a situation,a country can generate income from the export business.
Farming Supports Various Sectors
After knowing about the reach of farming sector lets discover how farming supports the other sectors:
- Industrial Sector: Without a regular supply of raw materials, it is literally impossible for any industry to survive. The industries are able to manufacture something only because of the raw materials which comes from the agricultural sector only. Every industry bee it of processed food, paper industry, cloth industries or manufacturing industries of any of the products some way or the other requires raw materials from the agricultural sector.
- Medical Sector: Farming also supports the medical sector. There are many plants which have medical importance and can play a role in treating various medical conditions. So the industries which make herbal or even other types of medicines require those herbs or plants which can treat the medical conditions.
- Economy Sector: Farming is somethinh hich is the most important contributor to a country’s economy. The farming products which are only available in a particular area qre exported to various contries through which the particular country can generate economy.
Farming Should Not Be Neglected
Neglecting farming or considering it not useful can be the biggest misconception in one’s life. Without the agricultural sector it is impossible to sustain. The fact that the agricultural sector supports the job sector also says it all. Without the agricultural sector there will be no other sector alive to generate oppurtunities for job.
So, farming is something which should be given the maximum importance and every country should work to make the sector more progressive than before.
Farming is among the most ancient occupations of the world. It was through farming and vegetation that our ancestors finally quit their nomadic ways and began to settle down as tribes and colonies. Their days of hunting and risking their lives for their tummies ended when they discovered they could settle down around water bodies and farm their way out of hunger.
From those days to the 21st century, the importance of farming has only been reiterated by time and situations. Droughts and poor farming seasons derail entire economies and places rich with vegetation never run out of food. In the Indian Subcontinent, countries like India depend so heavily on farming that even today, farmer distress or relief is among the issues raised by political parties to woo voters.
Benefits Of Farming And The Importance Of Farmers
Farming is definitely not a profession people want to pursue, but, that does not extinguish the need of it or the dependency of economies on it. Ranging from job creation to optimizing a countries’ foreign exchange prospects, farming is one of the top deciding factors.
- Raw Materials For Industries
Industries are redundant if there’s no raw material. This is what farming does for industries, raw material like sugar, tobacco, and cotton are produced by farmers which in turn are used to produce ready-to-use products. Hence, industries that require raw material depend almost directly on agriculture and farmers to function.
- Job Creation And Employment
Agriculture isn’t just self-employment for farmers themselves, but, provides employment to a host of other people ranging from transporters and truck drivers. The grocery store owners too depend on agriculture, even more so, in rural areas. The prices they sell their goods on is directly affected by agricultural seasons.
- Enhances Foreign Exchange
Asian Countries like India depend heavily on agriculture for exports. Most of what they export is produced in agricultural fields, like, Wheat. India is the second largest producer of wheat in the world and forms a high percentage of their exports. Agricultural products are vital to the foreign trade of many countries across the globe.
- Organic And Healthy
You must have heard household products claiming to be producers of fresh from farm eatables and other commodities. It is because the world is turning back to farm produced organic products in all their needs. Be it eatables, beauty products, health products or even snacks, organic is the new way to go.
Brands make themselves famous on claims of being organic, quite a few brands have made “organic products” their MSP.
It is no doubt why farming is helpful to people ranging from farmers themselves to the CEOs of the greatest FMCG brands.
An Occupation For Ages
From a lifestyle changing factor to our ancestors to a business model today, Agriculture and Farming has transformed in dramatic ways but has thrived by the passing day. You might not believe farming to be the most important occupation to have affected human history, but, it is definitely not far from it.
Farming includes activities such as growing crops on a field of land or raising cattle in order to sell their produce. These activities are done in order to produce food and raw materials. In the earlier days, farming was not involved in commercialization and was only done by people in order to be able to feed themselves and their families. However, these days, agriculture has become a huge industry involving more than just growing crops and raising cattle.
Why is Farming so important?
Obviously, farming is one of our main sources of obtaining food products. Without farming, there will not be enough food for everyone and people will not be able to survive as they face huge starvation. The agriculture industry as a whole is very important for the proper survival of everyone. Farming not only makes sure there is no food shortage, but it also has a lot more benefits which are listed below.
- Farming helps us obtain raw materials such as cotton, sugar, essential oils and more. These raw materials are important for many industries as well as for normal human consumption.
- It helps generate employment on a large scale. If agriculture as an industry did not even exist, nearly half of the population of the world would have been unemployed.
- Farming does not only create jobs for the farmers but also for other mediators who are involved in between the consumers and the farmers. For example, people involved in transport and more.
- The Farming process allows us to utilise the natural resources which are available to us in an efficient manner.
- The Agriculture industry is the backbone of the economy of a country.
- Farming is also responsible for conserving our natural resources.
What are the various types of farming?
There are different types of methods used for farming which include:
- Organic Farming
- Traditional Methods of Farming
- Integrated Farming
Organic farming is a method which involves reducing the use of artificial fertilizers and pesticides and using natural manure and employ modern techniques of farming like crop rotation in order to make the produce nutrient-rich and make farming a sustainable activity.
Integrated farming refers to the process of farming which involves the use of local resources and waste material for generating the produce.
Traditional methods of farming are the least preferred methods of farming as they are difficult, inefficient and generate produce of lower quantity and quality.
What are the problems that often occur in the process of farming?
Obviously, farming is not an easy process and it comes along with its own set of problems. Some of the common problems that arise in the process are listed below.
- Soil Erosion
- Change in the Pattern of Rainfall
- Overuse of pesticides and damages to the aquatic animals.
Farming is a very important activity as it is not only a process essential for human life but it also conserves nature.